Monday, December 20, 2010

Fashionable Times


Hello merry ones!
The snow and proximity to Christmas day has made me like an excited puppy- I keep on leaping about and blurting out cliches like 'isn't this magical?' But it is... I went tobogganing on Hampstead Heath the other day and watched a christmas movie with friends and I can honesty say I haven't had so much fun since I was 5 years old!! I just love the snow... I hope everyone gets home OK though- there are a few family members coming from afar and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will make it.
As I am a ridiculously christmassy person and have been known to be named 'Mrs Christmas' by my closest friends I have 3 things to share with you of that vein... consider them presents from me to you but online, with no wrapping paper and probably not that exciting...
1) A CHRISTMAS PODCAST - For 'Different Class Radio'
2) A CHRISTMAS COVER with REVERE
3) A CHRISTMAS CARD FOR YOU ALL:
Photo (without Gabby-added Santa hat) by the marvellous Gem Hall, dress by Beyond Retro and hair & makeup by the 'never fails to amaze me' Jennifer Nash

OK Gabby... we get it ... you LOVE Christmas!

So anyway...
I was in The Financial Times last week- which was nice!
You can read the article by lovely David Honigmann HERE and see the main picture by the talented Michael Hughes at the top of this post...
Which leads me onto nicely onto what I was wearing for the editorial shoot:
Skirt and shirt were very cheap purchases one from Ebay the other Battersea Car Boot - together they cost me £7!! And yes check and stripes DO go together... or so I think!!
Then I got to wear some brilliant TABIO tights which is beautifully documented HERE and my new favourite IRREGULAR CHOICE boots- which should be arriving on my doorstep any day now!!

Another time I was 'papped' in another fantastic pair of Irregular Choice boots was at Elizabeth Lau's amazing pop up shop where Stephen and I performed an acoustic set for a lovely press evening she was having. Elizabeth's designs are incredible- kooky, cute (or kawaii as she and the Japanese would say!) and original- I got given the choice to take something home  and I can honestly say I would be happy with any of her garments. The shop itself was SO well displayed - with half fish bowls with real fish, gorgeous illustrations by Little Doodles - http://little-doodles.blogspot.com/ and lots of warmth, character and love! Below I am wearing an Elizabeth Lau dress (from her stunning new collection) and a pom pom bolero that I fell in love with and now has pride of place in my wardrobe along with a similar style dress! THANK YOU ELIZABETH!


  


             


I think that's me up to date apart from my excitement about being in a very cool Japanese fashion magazine:


It's called Fudge, in the main photo I am wearing an amazing piece by Kumiko Tani . I can't wait to go back to Japan in February - for many reasons... but I admit I'm looking forward to delving deeper into Tokyo's shops- they are so 'me'!

So happy happy Christmas peoples. I hope you have a wonderful time and get a chance to relax at least! Help your mum out with the cooking and pretend you LOVE all your presents!
With plenty of joy and awesome tidings,
Mrs. G Christmas
xoxoxooxoxoooxo :o) xoxoxooxox