Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gabberdashery!



Hello everyone! Last week I was lucky enough to play an exclusive gig at a really stunning venue; 22 Portsea place. Owned by the lovely Fran, this Georgian building is home to over 3000 works of art, its like living in a museum or art gallery! The gig was in aid of Cancer Research, a cause very close to my heart, so guests were plied with champagne and delicious cupcakes kindly supplied by LoveBakery to encourage everyone to donate generously!My gorgeous dress was lent to me by vintage superstore Beyond Retro, and as usual, my wonderful hair and make-up was done by the incredibly talented Jennifer Nash.









Speaking of make-up, I had a very exciting meeting with British make-up brand Illamasqua earlier this week. They love my look and are going to help Jennifer continue to create it with their wonderful products!I love how theatrical their aesthetic is, and their slogan 'make-up for your alter ego' is so appropriate to musicians and artists who often have a different, more flamboyant persona they adopt on stage.
We took the opportunity to create a Gabberdashery boudoir in the bedroom at Portsea Place, where Rosa Bloom sold some of her beautiful handmade bustles, gloves, feather headpieces, jumpsuits, frilly knickers and much more.


Artists Tinsel Edwards and Twinkle Troughton are also on board as we take the Gabberdashery venture online- Twinkle has created our gorgeous logo, as well as a really stunning new t-shirt design:







Canvases and prints you can see in these pics will all be on sale tomorrow in the Gabberdashery car at the Art Car Boot Fair, as well as merchandise from a number of other amazing craftspeople; HungaMunga, HerCuriousNature headpieces, Merrimaking animal hoods and much, much more. Tinsel Edwards handpainted this amazing vintage jewelery box especially for us- I'm trying really hard not to buy it myself!If you make something in keeping with the Gabberdashery style- be it jewellery, accessories, artwork, or anything creative- then email me info@gabberdashery.com and we'll see if we can stock your work too. We're all in this together!


I'll be curating a fashion show too, wearing a truly stunning creation by Amelia Mullins. I'll also be wearing it to....drumroll.... the BAFTAs afterparty where we'll be performing Sunday night!!!!SCREAM!!!!!!
Really hope to see you all at the Art Car Boot Fair tomorrow- there'll be so much going on, wonderful stuff to buy and see, and I'll be performing a few songs too. Do come and say hello, and wish me luck for tomorrow night!!!
much love,
Gabster