Monday, June 21, 2010

Art Car Boot Fair, the BAFTAs and more!




Well whether the weather reflects it or not, the summer has well and truly begun for us! We had a fantastic day at the Vauxhall Art Car Boot Fair where I was performing, curating a fashion show and running the Gabberdashery car-phew!I got to wear an incredible creation by the super talented Amelia Mullins, who also helped me with the fashion show which featured work by some incredible designers, as well as the awesome King's road fashion boutique Ad Hoc who lent us some great pieces. Rosa Bloom's handmade pieces were also on display, not only in the fashion show in the wrestling wring, but also for sale in our Gabberdashery car, alongside arts and crafts by my sister Nicky, Vicki Sennet of HungaMunga, Merrimaking animal hoods and artists Tinsel Edwards and Twinkle Troughton. Here's a close up of the content of our boot- all these pics were taken by Katie Antoniou, my Gabberdashery partner; you can see more photos and read more about the event on her blog here, and on the CultureLabel blog too.


As usual, Jennifer Nash did my amazing make-up; the art car boot fair being something of a dress rehearsal for the most exciting gig ever; the BAFTAs after party!I'm still speechless about the whole affair; performing in a venue like The Natural History Museum is just a dream come true. You can see me making my entrance, walking down the massive staircase here- I had to be very careful not to trip up!There are a few pics on the official BAFTAs website, and here's a video Johnny Levene made for us. These photos are by Anthony Ellis.



We've also made a start on the festival circuit, playing Sunrise where I wore a great ensemble generously lent to me by Ad Hoc; I just love the feathered headpiece!


Heres a very giggly interview we did literally just after the gig so we are hyper and a little sweaty - so all the boys makeup was dripping off them!!


We also performed at the Wiltshire Jazz festival- heres a pic of the whole band doing 'jazz hands'!

Next up; Glastonbury! We're performing four times over the weekend, so if you've got a ticket, do try and catch one of our shows!
AVALON STAGE -2.20PM is our main show and the only full band one so don't miss it!

I'm just planning what to wear for all 4 days now... hope it doesn't rain!

Muchas love
Gabbalina
xoxoxoxooxoxoxooxox