Friday, April 16, 2010

Exciting Times!

 
Been super busy- SO much to tell you; I'll start with my performance at the Ivy...
TUESDAY 6TH APRIL
This place is decadent that's for sure... I was very disappointed to not spot ONE single celeb there but the decor impressed me... especially the glass- 'Charlie & The Chocolate Factory' style lift!! Tonight was the first outing of 2 new outfits- one being The Gabby Young trio - which is basically me and 2 'animals' who play trombone and double bass- they were all dressed up in their DJs and looked very smart! The second was the revealing of the second Salon Gabrielle dress- 'The Peacock dress'... It is a beautiful 30's inspired draped corset dress with a VERY long train of peacock feathered design.  Designed and made by Sofia Kalaitzidi, with fabric design by Kundalini Arts, with Robert Burton, I felt like a peacock princess in it and was honoured to stand tall in another of my own collaborated collection; Salon Gabrielle!Jennifer Nash did an amazing job at matching my hair and makeup with the dress- complete with peacock feathers in my hair.

WEDNESDAY 7TH APRIL
Today started with a visit to the Vintage Secret sale where I recieved a present from Naomi - a long green 40s dress and I also acquired 4 vintage hats to add to my evergrowing headwear collection!
Dingwalls was the gig tonight and I decided to rock the UglyLovely headdress with the new dress from Vintage Secret - this gig was mindblowing - we were lucky enough to support the world music LEGEND- Vieux Farka Toure (yes, Ali's son!) and we African danced the night away. I got a lot of people wanting to try on my headdress and even had a group of Japanese girls surrounding me taking pictures too!Here's a little video:



THURSDAY 8TH APRIL
I was up at ridiculous o'clock which could only mean I one thing - I was off to either the airport or Eurostar... it was the latter. My mum, sister and I went off to Paris to stay with my brother (who lives out there with his lovely wife and my 2 adorable nephews- Oliver and Henry) this is Oliver playing my Ukelele- I love these kids!!
It was mainly a baby sitting mission for us all but I did manage a bike ride to the Eiffel Tower from Place D'Italie and back in a MINI SKIRT!! This was a HUGE achievement for me as I haven't ridden a bike in over 5 years and NEVER in a city before - I couldn't help but feel pretty proud of myself (Ah, life's little wonders!)

MONDAY 12TH APRIL
I did a special rare acoustic show at Blacks members club tonight - it was a tiny space but very enjoyable. Stephen and I played a blinder, if I do say so myself and I wore a black vintage dress, Irregular Choice boots and a gorgeous feathered headpiece by my good friend - Amelia Mullins aka Miss Sassy's Spectaculars! I would have worn the Pandora dress tonight but my playing space was a tiny stall and there was no room for it's beautiful train so I had to think on my feet and stay in the dress I arrived in - I haven't gigged in a simple black dress in a while- I definitely prefer dressing up!!



This week has been mainly about packing up my room at my parents house (they are moving to London in less than a month!!), a photoshoot for Art Car Boot Fair- which I will show you soon, AMAZING news about festivals and waiting for Company Magazine to come out to see my feature!!


This weekend I have another special acoustic show at The Sketchbook Pop Up shop and I am so excited to be a part of this - especially on their last day. I am fan of their magazine and an avid follower of their brilliant blog and twitter page so I am honoured to play for them- and you if you come at 3pm on Sunday 18th April!