Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Designer Interviews: Georgia Nash

Zip jacket by Georgia Nash, hat by Eliane Sarah Millinery, Photo by Gemma Hall, Hair and make-up Jennifer Nash


Here's another mini interview with one of fashion's rising stars, Georgia Nash, who lent us some wonderful pieces for the recent video shoot, including the amazing zip jacket pictured above, that was delivered straight to British Vogue after we finished with it!

What's your earliest fashion memory?
When I was three years old and put on my mothers shoes.

And the first piece of clothing you ever made?
It was a hooded draped dress which covered the face. Thinking of it now it wasn't too bad but the fabric was awful! Little did I know!

If you could dress any personality, (dead or alive) who would it be?
It would have to be Alice in Wonderland or Grace Kelly

Georgia Nash, in the black hat, with her models.

If you hadn't become a designer, what might you have been?
Probably a dust bin man!

Whats the best thing about working in fashion?
Everything, I get so lost in my designs that nothing elase matters. I love the feeling of making some one feel beautiful. If you can do that its a very powerful thing, for me this is extremely important. 


from Georgia's collection inspired by The Nutcracker, image source.

And the worst?
It would have to the lack of sleep but I'm used to it now!

What are your goals for 2011?
Im currently designing for REEM alongside my label. So I'm extremely busy. With REEM the couture collection in Tokyo and Georgia Nash I have a few secret projects as well as showing next season.

Sheer cape and headpiece by Georgia Nash- you can see them in the music video for 'Ask you a question' here.