Friday, September 10, 2010

Ahoy me hearties!



This is a bit of a nautical post for two reasons; firstly to thank you all for coming to the secret gig on the wonderful Tamesis Dock boat last week; and secondly because by the time you read this, I'll be an ocean away in the good old USA!


You can see the beautiful set of photos Gemma Hall took of me before the gig here, my dress is from Beyond Retro, make up and hair by Jennifer Nash using Illamasqua products.



Gabberdashery took up the top floor of the boat, whilst we performed down below; I 'm afraid I still have no sea legs but luckily the river was quite calm!



You can read some lovely reviews of the gig by blogger Lira Leirner and on entertainment site Skiddle.



So now I'm in the States, please, please come and see me if you're this side of the pond!The lovely Nonita has blogged about my visit on the Spanish Moss Vintage American blog here.
I've chosen the winners of the poster design competition and left them back in the UK working on some really beautiful designs for the UK tour, can't wait to come back and show you! I'll leave you with some amazing pictures from Shambala by Richard Shakespeare- I'm wearing the dress  Rosa Bloom made for me, and make up and hair is by Jennifer Nash again.We ended the festival season on rather a damp note- in true British style!
Missing you all already,
Gabs 
xxx